Jay Z breaks his silence over Barneys furor; says he's 'no stranger to racial ...

Bookmark and Share
Stefan Soderstrom/All Over Press

Rapper Jay Z leaves Riche restaurant in Stockholm arrives to Grand Hotel in Stockholm, Sweden, Friday, 25 October 2013.


Jay Z is finally rapping about Barneys.


Facing a backlash over his links to the under-fire department store, the superstar rapper insisted Saturday that he has remained silent until now because he's been 'waiting on facts and the outcome of a meeting between community leaders and Barneys.'


'I am against discrimination of any kind, but if I make snap judgments, no matter who it's towards, aren't I committing the same sin as someone who profiles?' Jay Z said in a statement. 'I am no stranger to being profiled and I truly empathize with anyone that has been put in that position. Hopefully this brings forth a dialogue to effect real change.'


RELATED: JAY Z HAS A NEW PROBLEM WITH BARNEYS DEAL

Jay Z drew ire after two black customers stepped forward this week accusing Barneys of racial profiling.


The Brooklyn-born rapper has a collection with Barneys scheduled to debut on Nov. 20.



'I am not making a dime from this collection; I do not stand to make millions, as falsely reported,' Jay Z said.


RELATED: BARNEYS ACCUSED ME OF STEALING BECAUSE I'M BLACK: TEEN

'Making a decision prematurely to pull out of this project, wouldn't hurt Barneys or Shawn Carter, but all the people that stand a chance at higher education,' he added.' I have been working with my team ever since the situation was brought to my attention to get to the bottom of these incidents and at the same time find a solution that doesn't harm all those that stand to benefit from this collaboration.'


Jay Z insisted the attacks against him are unfair.


'Why am I being demonized, denounced and thrown on the cover of a newspaper for not speaking immediately?' he said. 'The negligent, erroneous reports and attacks on my character, intentions, and the spirit of this collaboration have forced me into a statement I didn't want to make without the full facts.'


{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.