'I Thought I Was About To Die': Nicki Minaj Recalls Near

Bookmark and Share

By Alicia Adejobi On June 30, 2014


Nicki Minaj shocked the audience at last night's BET Awards when she claimed during her acceptance speech that she almost died recently but didn't call for an ambulance as she didn't want the press to find out.


The 31-year-old was accepting her award for Best Female Hip Hop Artist at last night's ceremony held in Los Angeles, when she launched into a long and rambling speech about representing females in rap.


Nicki Minaj performing at the 2014 BET Awards (AKM-GSI)

However, it suddenly took a darker turn when she recalled a near-death experience, telling the audience: 'The other day, literally I didn't tell anybody this, I really thought I was about to die.


'Like, I was saying my prayers to die. And I didn't even want to call the ambulance because I thought, 'Well if I call the ambulance, it's going to be on TMZ,'' she added, prompting awkward laughs from the audience.


Nicki continued: 'And I would rather sit there and die. And it made me realize I don't care what anybody got to say. I'm going to do me.'


Before thanking her Young Money team, Nicki stirred up controversy when she appeared to diss other female rappers, fuelling speculation that she was taking aim at Iggy Azalea.


'I'm working on an album called the 'Pink Print,' but that's not a plug, but it's a plug. But my point is, what I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it,' she said, before pouting and flicking her hair to side.


Although she insisted: 'And, no, no no, no, no. No shade.' Hmm, if you say so Nicki!


Watch Nicki's interesting acceptance speech below... BET Awards 2014: Kerry Washington, Amber Rose, Kevin Hart and More Stun On Red Carpet


Amber Rose attends the 2014 BET Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles (FayesVision/WENN)


{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.