Seth Rogen faces the US Senate

Bookmark and Share

Usually when the U.S. Senate calls a witness, that person is an acknowledged expert on something.


'I don't know if you know who I am at all you told me you never saw 'Knocked Up,' chairman, so.'


So why was actor and comedian Seth Rogen, famous for such films as 'Knocked Up,' testifying?


Because he felt compelled to tell the very un-funny story of his Mother-In-Law who at 55 was diagnosed with Alzheimers.


'After forgetting who she and her loved ones were, my mother-in-law, a teacher for 35 years then forgot how to speak, feed herself, dress herself, all by the age of 60,' said Rogen.


So he and his wife decided to start a group called Hilarity for Charity - aimed at college students.


'Instead of being so disappointed that people were misinformed at the reality of the disease, we've started to educate them,' he said.


I'll admit, I was pretty impressed to hear the ultimate Millennial, from this generation we sometimes dismiss as unambitious and aimless defying the stereotype he helped create.


'I've personally seen the massive amount of financial strain this disease causes and if the American people ever decide to reject genitalia-driven comedy I will no longer be able to afford it. I know that if me and my wife saw someone talking about this, it probably make us feel a little less alone.'


I think that's a pretty classy thing, especially coming from a guy who admitted on the Daily Show that his latest film displayed the biggest penis ever in a movie.


I didn't see it myself, but you don't lie about something like that.



Before It's OverMore snow possible this weekend but an early summer forecast looks warm and dry Death DelayedA father tells Dori Monson what it's like waiting 26 years and counting for justice Mammoth TuskImages of Seattle's recently discovered mammoth tusk at its new home

ATTENTION COMMENTERS: We've changed our comments, but want to keep you in the conversation. Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.


Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.comments powered by



Help make their dreams come true by nominating them for a $1,000 scholarship and a chance to earn a $10,000 Grand Prize. Brought to you by KIRO Radio and Comprehensive Wealth Management.



KIRO Radio and WSECU would like to recognize six oustanding citizens this year. Nominate them to be recognized and to receive a $2,000 charitable grant.


{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.