What Are You Thankful For?

Bookmark and Share

Thanksgiving is a day where we share what we are thankful for, whether that be friends or family, or even your furry friends. No matter what it is, everyone says they have something to be thankful for.


Thanksgiving started after pilgrims from Plymouth, England set sail to find the New World.


After many hardships, the pilgrims who survived, with help from the Native Americans, had a feast after a very good summer of growing crops.


They gave thanks to God for their health, and for their company.


Today, we still celebrate that feast, and give thanks.


So, what are you thankful for?


'I'm thankful for life, my family and friends,' said Patrick Kaczmarczyk of Pennsylvania.


'I have a really great family that I'm really grateful for, and they're really supportive as I pursue my career in this field,' said 5 News Reporter Rachel McDevitt.


'I'm thankful for my family,' said Rose Kellar of Taylor County.


Daybreak Anchor, Shannon Chavez, said she is 'thankful for my job here at Channel 5, and all of the wonderful people I get to work with, that I've already met, and that I will meet while I'm here.'


Fred Bryan of Summer Park said he is thankful that he is living. 'I'm thankful for everything.'


'I'm thankful for live, family, friends. And, hopefully all the kids get fed and everything for Thanksgiving,' said Marth Meahl of Belington.


5 News Reporter Alex Wiederspiel is thankful for some different things. 'I am thankful for my fantasy football team, Team TPM, and I'm also thankful for Joe Brocato's beard.'


When asked what she was thankful for this year, Lindsey Watson responded, 'this year, I think I'm most thankful for all of our viewers. I just want to thank you guys for letting me come into your homes, every morning and afternoon and bring you the news that matters to all of us.'


Nikki Porter, 5 News Reporter and Fox 10 and 10 Anchor, said she is 'thankful for my friends, my gym family, my real family who is very used to now catering to holidays for when I'm around. So, thanks for having Thanksgiving on Sunday, mom!'


Meteorologist Jill Szwed is also thankful for her family. 'I'm thankful for my family's support, and a job that doesn't feel like work most days.'


5 News Anchor Kristin Keeling agreed. 'I am thankful for my family, my fiance, my beautiful dog, Collin, and we're both very thankful for our first responders. We know you're working today, so thank you for all you do.'


So, what are you thankful for this year?


{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.